An Invitation - Join Us!
Welcome! We invite you to discover our exciting congregation both here and on a Sunday morning. Look around and explore the ministries of our congregation, but only a personal visit can help you to know if this is the church you are looking for. Join us for worship and discover the blessing of being in a Christian community with diverse membership and an inclusive spirit that welcomes all persons to the altar.
We happily call ourselves a family church, with a big heart for children and youth. Family means all families; single people, those with special needs, single parents, seniors, LGBT, and what would be considered a traditional family.
We are here to support each other on each of our spiritual journeys and many different points of view are at home here. However, we do not exist for our members alone, but for the good of our whole community and the welfare of our neighbors.
We look forward to meeting you!
Scheduled Office Hours:
- Monday: 9am-12pm, 1-3pm
- Tuesday: 9am-12pm, 1-3pm
- Wednesday: 9am-12pm, 1-3pm
- Thursday: 9am-12pm, 1-3pm
- Sunday: varies based on program and committee meetings
Blessing of the Animals
at the 11:30 Eucharist.
Please join us on the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi to celebrate and bless the animals in our lives. Furry critters, feathered friends and scaly companions are all welcome at the service. If this kind of gathering is anxiety producing for your pet, please bring a picture (digital or otherwise) for a blessing instead.
2015 Nativity Gala
The new theme for the Gala raffle basket is “Wine & Dine” Take a look at the donation board on Sunday.
- 30 - Community Cafe, 5-7pm
- 30 - Cooking & Nutritional Class, 6:30-7:30pm
- 30 - Gala Committee Meeting, 7-8pm
- 30 - Choir Practice, 7-8pm
- 30 - Youth Group, 7-8:30pm
- 9 - Office Closed
- 11 - Crop Walk, All Day
- 11 - Holy Eucharist, 8-8:45am
- 11 - Holy Eucharist, 9-10am
- 11 - Faith Formation, 10:25-11:15
- 11 - Holy Eucharist, 11:30am-12:30pm
- 13 - Bible Study, 10:30-11:30am
- 13 - Living Sober, 7pm
- 14 - Community Cafe, 5-7pm
- 14 - Bell Choir Rehearsal, 5:30-6:30pm
- 14 - Cooking & Nutritional Class, 6:30-7:30pm
- 14 - Vocal Choir Practice, 7-8pm
- 14 - Youth Group, 7-8:30pm
- 16 - Office Closed
- 16 - Wedding Rehearsal (Logan), 5:30-8pm
- 17 - Wedding (Logan), All Day
Join Us at Nativity
8:00 am Holy Eucharist
9:00 am Holy Eucharist
(traditional with music)
11:30 am Holy Eucharist
(informal with music)
Readings for Sunday,
- Mark 10:17-31
- Job 23:1-9, 16-17
- Hebrews 4:12-16
- Psalm 22:1-15
Preaching Rev. Dana Fath Strande
Join us in the Gathering room for an opportunity to greet our new Priest, Dana.
Faith Formation/Adult Forum
Faith Formation for all ages begins, from 10:25-11:15am.
Adult Forum An introduction led by Jon Stoa & Nancy Eduvas as they present information about our stewardship season "Our Next Chapter"
Nursery care will be available from 8:45-12:30pm.
CROP Hunger WALK-Sunday
Walk begins at 2pm; registration and entertainment starts at 12:45pm. Walk starts and ends at Spirit of Life Presbyterian in Apple Valley-14404 Pilot Knob Road.
CROP Hunger walk raises money and awareness to support efforts to end Global Hunger by promoting nutrition programs that save young children’s lives, build sustainable food sources, create clean water options and provide immediate aid in emergency situations around the globe. CROP Hunger walk also gives 25% of funds raised to local charities (360 Communities; Open Door and CAP Agency).
There are several ways to help:
- WALK and raise money. Packets available in the Gathering Room.
- Volunteer. Contact Brenda Steinkamp with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-985-8095.
- Donate money to the cause, to a WALKER or to the Episcopal Church of the Nativity Team! (see below)
- Give Food that stays in our community. There are grocery bags with CROP Hunger Walk information available in the Gathering Room.
To donate: You can go on line at www.cwsglobal.org: Go to :get involved; Click CROP Hunger Walk; Click on map of MN; Look for SOUTH of the RIVER walk-click-Donate will show up-decide to donate to a specific walker or to Nativity’s team (they are listed)! This link brings you to that final page: (but you miss part of the fun) or give checks or cash (written to CWS-Memo- CROP Hunger Walk) into the Sunday offering plate or to the Brenda Steinkamp mail slot (across from the office).